Complaint Handling Procedure
Complaint handling procedure, policy and forms Complaint Handling Statement Spring and Co Solicitors is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received or about the bill, please contact the fee earner handling your matter in the first instance; but if you would prefer to contact someone who has not been involved or the compliant manager, please contact Petronilla Aghaeze on 01582 249225 or by post to our office Suite 7 First Floor, The Spires, Adelaide Street, Luton, LU1 5BB.
We have a procedure in place that details how we handle complaints which is available at your request. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman. If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, email: email@example.com, Telephone: 0300 555 0333 to consider the complaint.
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within a year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within a year of you realising there was a concern). Complaints Handling Procedure If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. Petronilla Aghaeze What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of your raising your concerns, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Petronilla Aghaeze, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you,
3. Petronilla will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Petronilla will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Petronilla will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another partner to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 0300 555 0333 about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. 9. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.